Data & Computer Science Professor
Posted 16 days ago
Kunshan Jiangsu, China
The university is a Sino-American partnership of Duke University and Wuhan University to create a world-class liberal arts and research university offering a range of academic programs for students from China and throughout the world. A non-profit, joint-venture institution, it was granted accreditation approval by China’s Ministry of Education in September 2013 and welcomed its inaugural class of graduate students and undergraduate exchange students in August 2014.
The university invites applications for faculty positions in Data and Computational Science in areas including but not limited to Data Science, Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering and Statistics.
- Receive undergraduate degree in computer science from a top university. (For example, if the undergraduate degree was received in China, it must be in computer science from a 985 university.)
- Receive PhD degree in computer science or computer engineering from a US university whose ranking is top 20 in computer science or computer engineering in US.
- Since the graduation of his/her PhD, teach at least one computer science or computer engineering course per semester. (This requirement is not needed, if the candidate is a fresh PhD graduate. During any short-term leave or sabbatical, this requirement can be waived.)
- Since the graduation of his/her PhD, publish at least one paper in computer science or computer engineering per year.
- This position is open with regard to rank including tenured, tenure track and non-tenure track.
- Mid-career and senior faculty are especially encouraged to apply.
- In order to meet Chinese visa requirements, prior to the position start date international (non-Chinese) candidates must have worked full-time for at least two years (including post-doctoral work) after receiving their Bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates must hold a Ph.D. degree or equivalent in an appropriate field.
- Research experience at a postdoctoral level (or greater) and teaching experience are desirable, as is experience working in an interdisciplinary setting.
- Applicants should provide a cover letter including a clear statement of the candidate’s specific interest in our university, a curriculum vitae, a research statement, a teaching statement, and the names and contact information for three references.