Posted on Oct 12, 2023
This is a public school from primary education to secondary education, K1 to K9.
We are hiring Economics Teachers for both Spring and Autumn terms in 2024.
ROLE AND PURPOSE:
- Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth.
- Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university
- Valid teaching certificate with required endorsements for subject and level assigned
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of subjects assigned
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the school's curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by the school.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives and methods according to the school requirements.
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
Student Growth and Development
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
- Be a positive role model for students, support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment and other instructional materials.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals and teachers.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents and community members.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Keep informed of and comply with the school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Compile, maintain and file all reports, records and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Clear criminal record, authenticated documents of this record plus degree and its authentication file for the work visa application.