Drama and ESL Teacher
Posted on Oct 17, 2023
The school is a public experimental school in the Beijing Economic and Technological Development Area known as Etown, which is an exciting, convenient, and comfortable neighborhood in South-East Beijing, 30 minutes by subway ride to the downtown center.
The school’s teaching philosophy is to offer a tailored education to each student. We strive to be at the cutting edge of educational practices and technology. With our state-of-the art campus and collaborative learning and working environment, we aim to give students an individualized, and holistic educational experience.
With our extensive AP offerings and our diverse elective courses, since our founding in 2017 the international department at the school has become trusted by our parents and well recognized and respected by the community.
We are hiring Drama and ESL teachers for the coming February term 2024.
- A bachelor or above degree from the UK, the USA, Canada, Australia and other English-speaking countries, with an appropriate field of concentration
- Being familiar with AP courses, with fluent English
- At least 2 years’ experience of teaching the related courses required for the position -Recognition of challenges living abroad and of the international school workplace
- Reference from previous employers is required.
- Experience of giving workshops is preferred
- Teaching hours: no more than 26 classes / week, each class is 45 minutes.
- The regular class size is within 24 students
- Offering courses and extracurricular activities to high school students (Grade 9-12) students who will be furthering their college education abroad
- Ensuring all students are able to thrive and engage in class, giving timely feedback and following up with them after class
- Devising, writing and producing new materials to plan a range of classes that meet students’ needs, including, but not limited to outdoor activities, workshops
- Active participation and contribution in the school cultural activities and teacher training
- Free Housing: Each foreign teacher is provided with a set of furnished new apartment inside campus. The school will pay for the rent.
- Vacation: Teachers enjoy summer & winter vacations, national holidays.
- Visa Service: The school will assist with the application for the visa and a work permit in China.
- Travelling Package: The round-trip international air tickets are offered; airport pick-up is for free of the first arrival.
- Insurance: Hospital and major medical cost is included in the insurance.
- International Teachers’ Orientation: We offer campus and surrounding tours, including facilities, housing, phone, utilities, etc.