Jul 05, 2023
The Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) President's International Fellowship Initiative, PIFI, is a funding program designed to establish scientific cooperation and promote research communication around the globe. It is open to all scientific research personnel worldwide.
Aiming at promoting global research mobility, the PIFI is now calling for applications in the following two categories:
PIFI Distinguished ScientistWHAT WILL YOU DO?
Conduct academic exchange activities in at least two CAS-affiliated institutions (research institutes or universities) in 1-2 weeks
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
A package covering living expenses, transportation costs, insurance and an allowance.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Well-established and internationally recognized scientists
PIFI Visiting ScientistWHAT WILL YOU DO?
Conduct academic visits or cooperative research at CAS for 1-6 months
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
A package covering transportation costs, insurance and an allowance.
*The funding amount depends on your length of stay and your qualifications
Documents Needed1. Signed application form
2. A recent passport-sized digital photo (in color)
3. Scanned copy of first page of passport with personal information
4. A recommendation letter from CAS host researcher (if applicable)
5. Detailed plan, including but not limited to: collaboration background; objective; detailed description; timetable; anticipated results (if applicable)
Application Procedures1. Applications must be submitted through the main host institution affiliated to CAS. Applications submitted by individuals will NOT be accepted.
2. Applicants should identify an appropriate CAS host researcher working as a faculty member at a CAS-affiliated host institution before application.
(If you haven't found a host researcher at present, here is a list of CAS host researchers who have previously applied for the PIFI for your reference:
3. Applicants should send the application form and all material to the CAS host researcher who will be responsible for submitting the application via the CAS Academia Resource Planning (ARP) system.
4. Applications are open all year round and should be reviewed within 3 months of submission. Applicants should leave enough time for their applications to pass the host institutions' submission process.
5. Successful PIFI applications will be announced by September 2023.
For further inquiries, please contact:
Bureau of International Cooperation, Chinese Academy of Sciences