Posted 4 days ago
Yuhang, Hangzhou Zhejiang, China
With the rapid development of foreign trade e-commerce, the company has developed into a cross-border e-commerce enterprise with hundreds of millions annual sales since 2016, and it will continue to achieve explosive growth in the next few years.
Based on the Amazon platform, their business mainly focuses on middle and high-end home furnishings, catering to numerous middle class consumers in the United States and European countries. The company is located in Yuhang District, Hangzhou, which has a strong atmosphere of Internet e-commerce industry. At present, the company has established a good reputation in the overseas market and has a highly efficient supply chain and operation system.
●Work Location: Yuhang District, Hangzhou
●Experience: DTC lifestyle brand related copy writing experience (more than 2 years)
We are looking mid-level Copywriter for our Creative team. The Copywriter role is an amazing opportunity to help evolve our brand's unique tone of voice. We're looking for a talented writer and conceptual thinker who can help us craft copy for a variety of needs.
What does the job entail?
1. Quickly developing a deep understanding of the La Jolie Muse brand and tone of voice, then developing an ability to craft effective copy in said voice;
2. Partner with Brand & Creative teams to brainstorm fresh campaign ideas, strategize content; approaches for campaigns, and develop copy across vehicles, as well as high-level initiatives;
3. Writing compelling, brand-right copy for our performance and email marketing assets, website, mobile app, and more within established brand guidelines;
4. Collaborate with designers and cross-functional teams to bring new projects beautifully to life, while also driving decision-making;
5. Responsible for all copy deliverables and accuracy—such as product copy, e-commerce, in-store, marketing, social, video, education, etc;
6. Own product matrixes—what we can and can’t say (the legal stuff);
7. Keeper of the brand voice across all channels;
8. Manage freelance copywriters and partner with external agencies as needed;
10. Contribute to our culture and make life at La Jolie Muse better for us all.
What kind of person are we looking for?
1. You have strong interests in home décor. Equally important: you understand La Jolie Muse‘s voice. You write things that are smart, witty, and irreverent, but you're also able to write compelling, distinct product copy for our growing portfolio
2. On occasion, you'll have to make complicated subjects like The New Luxury feel simple and approachable. You're comfortable seeking out necessary information if it isn't given to you, asking thoughtful questions, and collaborating with cross-functional partners.
3. Advertising experience, either in an agency or in-house setting, is a definite bonus.
More practical skills needed:
1. A strong and diverse portfolio with all the best words;
2. Minimum 3 years of retail e-commerce copywriting with a mix of editorial, client-side, and agency experience (home décor/lifestyle experience a plus);
3. Mastery of copywriting across multiple screens and media-digital and traditional;
4. Know how to write for SEO-titles, descriptions, keywords for new product launches and more;
5. Creative self-starter and ability to work independently with little oversight;
6. A fast and flexible go-getter who jumps on new opportunities and has a natural aptitude for collaboration;
7. Keen ability to present and discuss creative work, providing clear rationale and insights
8. Superb communication skills;
9. Attention to detail and excellent grammar skills are a must.
1. Native English speaker only;
2. More than 2 years experience of copy writing in DTC(Direct to consumer) lifestyle brands;
3. Website content for search engine optimization;
4. Emails, landing pages and special UX projects used to elevate the brand;
4. Brochures for special campaign, sales, events;
5. Wrote NEW AND NOW, a monthly home & garden editorial newsletter;
6. Social media captions： work with Digital Marketing Associate;
7. Ads & paid search copy; work with Growth Marketing Associate;
8. Product descriptions: work with China product marketing team to renovate compelling and accurate copy according to current home & garden trends.