The Summer Camp in Beijing is organized by a leading private school and ForeignHR. This program has been operated for ten years in Beijing. Students and teachers are coming to join this program not only for fun but also for a valuable experience.
The summer camp is from late June until mid August. All the camps are targeted to improve the students' spoken English and listening with western culture combined. The students are Beijing local students and also the students from the cities out of Beijing. A few of them even may have not had a chance to speak with a foreigner face to face. The students are mainly studying at middle/high schools.
We have different types of camp by the camp session length and location.
I. 5 Sessions × 7Days × 6Hours
● 42hours per session, 3hours in the morning and 3hours in the afternoon;
● camp campus is in the west part of the city, close to Bagou, line 10;
● teachers will take our shuttle car to the campus from Bagou;
● 7-day-session means that you will teach at weekend;
● 1-2 day break between every session;
● class size is 30-40;
● textbook will be provided, though your teaching is not necessarily based on the book;
● you will have lunch at the campus, each meal costs about 10yuan; of course, you can bring your own food from home;
● you are not guaranteed all five sessions up to our students enrollment, though early applicants will be given the priority to take five sessions if they want.
II. 1 Session × 15-30Days × 4-8Hours
● 40-100hours per session, usually 6hours a day, sometimes 4hours and sometimes 8hours, a few times even 10hours;
● class will begin from 9am or 12am or 2pm until 6pm in general, a few days, you have to teach from the morning until the night like 9pm if you have 10hours that day;
● camp campus is in different locations of the city, usually it's 5-10minutes by walk from the subway station; meanwhile, you may go to the campus out of the city, like Changping, Huairou, Tongzhou and Fangshan by taking our shuttle bus/car from Wudaokou, the trip may take you 30-60minutes up to the traffic situation, i.e. you will spend extra hours on the bus;
● 15-30-day-session means that you will may have to teach at weekend, also you may have no break time for quite a long time with many hours teaching every day in such a hot or rainy summer; it also means you may only have 4hours a day and it lasts some days and then you have 8hours a day.
Payment and Pay Date
We pay 150RMB per hour for our camp teaching, and our pay day is the fifteenth of the month for the teaching of last month.
The pay you will get for a month is calculated with the hours multiplied by 150. The final payment will be tax deducted. A tool for you to calculate tax ( The tax category is 'remuneration of labor', 劳务报酬所得 in Chinese).
We will pay by bank deposit, you need to provide us a Beijing local bank card from 'Bank of China'
(Updated 7:10am, May 16, 2011)